Please direct all press enquiries to email@example.com.
In the News
- Investment Week: Asset managers support SFDR but concerns remain over impact on boutiques
- Citywire: Boutiques broadly welcome SFDR (but concerns over costs remain)
- Ignites Europe: SFDR could disadvantage boutique firms, warns think-tank
- Institutional Asset Manager: IIMI members largely in support of the SFDR, although concerns remain
- Fundeye: New City Initiative announces rebrand
- Wealth Briefing: Name Change For Body Representing Independent Asset Managers
- Institutional Asset Manager: New City Initiative (NCI) rebrands to the Independent Investment Management Initiative (IIMI)
- Investment Week: New City Initiative think tank rebrands as Independent Investment Management Initiative
- Citywire Selector: Boutique lobby group steps up calls for post-Brexit fund structure
- Wealth Manager: Think tank calls for post-Brexit UK fund structure rival to Ucits
- Wealth Briefing Asia: UK Needs New Fund Model For Post-Brexit World, Must Deepen Asia Links – NCI
- Funds Europe: Association column: A post-Brexit UK fund structure
- IIMI survey reveals membership is largely in support of the SFDR, although concerns remain
- New City Initiative (NCI) rebrands to the Independent Investment Management Initiative (IIMI)
- IIMI calls for new UK funds regime to encourage regional job growth
- IIMI calls for new UK fund structure to bolster industry’s position in Asia-Pacific
- Nick Mottram appointed as Chairman
- IIMI Launches Singapore Branch
- Concern among members that M&A activity within the asset management industry is reducing competition and undermining investor choice
- IIMI calls for boutique firms to be represented in debate about the future of the UK’s financial services in response to Treasury Select Committee’s inquiry
- IIMI survey reveals major shift in ESG focus for membership
- Jamie Carter appointed as Chairman
- The Changing Face of Foreign Exchange: Hidden Cost or Undiscovered Treasure?
- Dominic Johnson appointed as Chairman
Notes to editors:
About the IIMI
The Independent Investment Management Initiative is a think tank that offers an independent, expert voice in the debate over the future of financial regulation.
Founded in 2010 as New City Initiative and relaunched as IIMI in 2021, IIMI counts amongst its members some of the leading independent asset management firms in the City and the continent. IIMI gives a voice to independent, owner-managed firms that are entirely focused on and aligned with the interests of their clients and investors.
Over the last decade, an old fashioned “client-centric” approach has enabled entrepreneurial firms in the Square Mile and beyond to emerge as a growing force in a financial industry dominated by global financial giants. Now, more so than ever, these firms play a key role in preserving the stability and long-term focus of the financial sector, which is of benefit to society at large. Today IIMI is comprised of 43 leading independent asset management firms from the UK and the Continent, managing approximately £500 billion and employing several thousand people.
- To serve as an independent, expert voice in the debate over financial reform;
- To restore society’s trust in the financial sector;
- To promote the values and practices of owner-managed firms which align their interests with those of their clients; and
- To raise awareness of the positive, stabilising contribution small entrepreneurial firms make to the economy and society as a whole.